Service providers have a lot to gain by making it easy for their customers to book appointments online. The best way to do this is by incorporating a booking plugin on your business website. One such plugin that many business owners are using is Simplybook.me.
Simplybook.me is a popular choice because, as the name implies, it’s very simple to set up and start using. However, there are lots of Simplybook.me competitors out there that might work even better for you and your business.
What Is Simplybook.me?
Simplybook.me is an online booking system for all types of service-based businesses. The booking plugin allows you to define your services, set your availability, and very quickly start receiving client bookings.
When you sign up for Simplybook.me, you have the choice to either build a booking website from scrap using the app or add a booking widget to your existing site.
Types of service-based businesses that are using Simplybook.me include:
- Beauty and wellness businesses
- Sports and fitness businesses
- Health care providers
- Events and entertainment businesses
- Professional service providers
- Educational service providers
The goal of Simplybook.me (and Simplybook.me competitors) is to eliminate the need to email back and forth or answer the phone to book appointments and sell more services.
Overall, Simplybook.me reviews from existing users are positive. However, the app is more geared towards people who want to build a booking page from scratch, and therefore may lack some features that users with existing sites can benefit from.
Simplybook.me pricing starts at $8.25/month for the basic version when billed annually. There is also a free version with more limited features.
5 Best Simplybook.me Alternatives
We reviewed the following Simplybook.me alternatives:
- Webba Booking – Best booking plugin for WordPress sites
- Calendly – Best scheduling app for certain types of professional service providers
- Sagenda – Best for service providers with development experience
- YouCanBook.me – Best for professional service providers who want Zapier integration
- Acuity Scheduling – Best for Squarespace sites
If you already have a business website built with WordPress, Webba Booking is a WordPress booking plugin with payment options and much more.
Since it’s built specifically for WordPress, integrating Webba Booking into your existing site is a breeze. You can choose from 80+ appearance customization options and presets to ensure the booking plugin fits your site and brand seamlessly.
Other notable features of Webba include payment platform integrations with Stripe, WooCommerce, and PayPal, two-way Google Calendar integration, and customizable email and SMS reminders and notifications.
Pricing for Webba Booking starts at $89/year and there is also a free lite version available.
- Built specifically for WordPress sites
- Payment integrations with three of the world’s biggest payment platforms
- Highly customizable appearance
- Automated calendar syncing and notifications/reminders
- Only works for WordPress websites
Who’s it for?
Webba Booking is for all types of service-based businesses with existing WordPress sites.
Founded in 2013, Calendly is one of the oldest automated scheduling apps out there, and it has done a good job of keeping up with the times by adding more features and expanding its use cases over the years.
At its core, Calendly is a Simplybook.me alternative that provides similar basic features, such as letting you create a unique booking page that you can share via a link or by embedding it on your website.
However, Calendly isn’t necessarily right for all types of service providers, as it has additional features that are more suitable for certain types of professional service providers, such as marketing and IT businesses.
When it comes to choosing between Calendly vs Simplybook.me, Calendly offers more niche functionality for specific industries, while Simplybook.me is a simple, broad solution.
Pricing for Calendly starts at $8/user/month for the basic version and there is also a free version.
- Provides all the basic scheduling features
- Has additional features that can be useful for certain industries
- Offers meeting polls for scheduling internal meetings more easily
- Not intended specifically for service providers
- Can get expensive if many people at your company are using it
Who’s it for?
Calendly is for professional service providers looking for an automated scheduling app to streamline workflows.
Sagenda is an appointment scheduling software application that can be integrated into any site using HTML or another type of code. The app also offers an API that third-party developers can use to interact with and customize the solution.
This makes Sagenda a good choice for service providers with some development experience (or who employ developers), as it allows for flexible modification of the app. However, this also means that Sagenda may be too complex of a solution for non-developers.
In terms of Simplybook.me vs Sagenda, Simplybook.me is the simpler choice, whereas Sagenda is for the more tech-savvy.
Sagenda is free, but you have to pay for some add-ons, such as PayPal integration, SMS notifications, and customizable email appointment reminders. These cost from $8 to $15 per month.
- Offers an API for third-party developers
- Can be coded into any site
- Basic features are completely free
- Have to pay for integrations and additional features
- May be too technical for those with no coding experience
Who’s it for?
Service providers who want to be able to customize their booking system using code.
Like other scheduling apps on this list, YouCanBook.me provides users with all the basic booking functionality you might need. This includes a personalized booking page, calendar integration, and customizable notifications and reminders.
YouCanBook.me also has many of the same integrations as other scheduling tools, including integrations with payment platforms like Stripe.
What sets YouCanBook.me apart from Simplybook.me and other Simplybook.me competitors is its integration with Zapier, which in turn gives users access to integrations with 1,500+ other popular apps and tools for automating workflows.
Pricing for YouCanBook.me starts at $10/month, or there’s a free version to try out.
- Includes all basic booking features and functionality
- Lots of useful native integrations
- Integration with Zapier gives access to hundreds more integrations
- Many types of service-based businesses may not need so many integrations
- Geared towards sales, customer success, and recruiting teams
Who’s it for?
YouCanBook.me is for professional teams who want tons of integrations with other professional apps through Zapier.
Acuity Scheduling is a scheduling solution created by Squarespace, making it ideal for service providers who have existing Squarespace sites.
The appointment management software has a super simple, streamlined interface that will look great on any site built using Squarespace.
Pricing for Acuity Scheduling starts at $14/month.
- Built by Squarespace, for Squarespace
- Clean, modern look
- Super easy-to-use booking widget for Squarespace sites
- Only designed for Squarespace site
- No free version
Who’s it for?
Acuity Scheduling is for service-based businesses with existing Squarespace websites.
If you’re a service provider looking for a one-size-fits-all booking plugin for your business site, or if you want to quickly create a standalone booking page from scratch, Simplybook.me may be a good option.
But, if you’re looking for something with a little more of a niche application, you might find one of the Simplybook.me alternatives on the list above to be a better solution.