Looking for a WordPress calendar plugin that will help schedule and manage appointments, meetings or any other event that could be put on a calendar?
We’ve tried to make finding the best WordPress calendar plugin as easy as possible by narrowing it down to six of the best. And we’ll give you a little information about each one so that you can choose the right one for your needs.
How to Choose a WordPress Calendar Plugin?
If you go to the WordPress.org plugin page and do a search based on the keyword “calendar” you get 51 pages—with 20 per page—of calendar plugins for WordPress.
You could just choose a calendar from the first few listed options—because they’re the best options, right? No, not necessarily. You want a calendar that is best for your needs.
So what are your needs? Spend some time making a list of all the features that are absolutely necessary to you, and then maybe add a secondary list of features that would be nice to have but aren’t make or break options.
Some common features you might want to include on your list:
- Option to accept payments
- Google Calendar intergration
- E-mail notifications
- Appearance customization
That’s just a small sampling of what might be available and important to you, so definitely spend some time brainstorming your specific needs.
6 Best WordPress Calendar Plugins in 2022
In order to make choosing a calendar plugin even easier, we’ve narrowed down a selection of what we consider the top six options.
Are you a service provider? Then you need a calendar plugin that was designed with you in mind—one that makes appointment booking easy. This powerful plugin comes with everything you need to take bookings online, including customizable design options, easy appointment management, and plenty of settings to help you customize the booking process to suit your business.
Users enjoy the intuitive and easy-to-use interface, which makes both the plugin setup and appointment booking a breeze. Webba Booking also comes with plenty of features to help you get the most out of your calendar plugin, including Google Calendar integration, online payment options with Stripe and Paypal, and email notifications.
Webba Booking key features:
- Full appearance customization: 80+ appearance customization options, 79 design presets.
- Flexible scheduling options: unlimited services, business hours & calendars.
- Simple Administration: Straightforward set-up and management.
- Powerful Integrations: Woocommerce, Stripe, PayPal and more.
Webba Booking Pricing:
The Pro version starts from $89/year for one website and goes to $289/year for five websites. For the budget-minded, there is also a free version that offers most of the features.
WEBBA Booking Pros:
- Fully customizable design
- Easy to set up and manage
- Great customer support
Webba Booking Cons:
- Need to buy the Premium version to access integrations
Who it’s Best For:
If you’re a service provider who needs an easy way to take appointments online, then WEBBA Booking is the plugin for you.
Sugar Calendar is a deliberately lightweight events calendar for WordPress. It provides users with the necessary basics to get the job done and is great for anyone who’s intimidated by complex programs, apps, or plugins.
Sugar Calendar is great for managing events for small businesses, organizations, or personal use. Its simplicity means that it can be used by practically anyone, regardless of their technical skills.
Sugar Calendar key features:
- Simple admin interface.
- Custom date formatting and translation-ready.
- Add-ons for extra features and integrations: recurring events, Zapier, Google Calendar integrations etc.
- Integrations with Google Calendar, Gravity Forms, Stripe, WooCommerce and more.
Sugar Calendar pricing:
Plugin costs $49/year for personal 1 website use and goes up to $449/year for unlimited websites. There’s also a lite version that’s for free with limited set of features.
Sugar Calendar pros:
- Easy user interface
- Lots of integrations available
- Lightweight yet powerful
Sugar Calendar cons:
- Lacks sufficient documentation
Who it’s Best For:
Those looking for an easy-to-install, easy-to-configure WordPress calendar plugin.
The Events Calendar
With more than 800k active installations, this calendar plugin must be doing something right. Not for the hobbyist, this flexible, and customizable WordPress calendar is perfect for experienced businesses, agencies, and event professionals.
This WordPress Calendar plugin is more tailored for those who need to manage their events in a more professional way. If you manage a lot of events, then this plugin will definitely save you time by letting you automate some of the tasks related to managing your events.
The Events Calendar key features:
- Events calendar that displays your events with multiple views.
- Advanced features like ticketing, email event communication, event aggregator, filtering etc.
- Extensive integrations available.
The Events Calendar pricing:
Pro version starts at $99/year for 1 website and goes up to $799/year for unlimited website access. Free version with a few essential features is also available.
The Events Calendar pros:
- Capable of complex and flexible configurations
- Extensive documentation
- Intuitive design
The Events Calendar cons:
- It might be too difficult to set up and manage for non-technical people
Who it’s Best For:
If you’re an experienced event manager who wants a plugin that will automate your tasks, then this is the plugin for you.
Ecommerce is booming, with nearly a quarter of all retail sales taking place on ecommerce websites. And WooCommerce is currently the most popular ecommerce technology used today.
If you’re using WooCommerce on a WordPress site, you need to ensure your calendar plugin seamlessly integrates.WooEvents WordPress calendar plugin lets you add events to your WooCommerce-powered website and manage them from a centralized calendar. The plugin is quite simple and straightforward to use, not overloaded with fancy features.
WooEvents key features:
- Seamless integrations with WooCommerce
- Works with popular Woocommerce addons like: Discount, deposit, product addon
- Unique features like allowing users to submit their events, adding events map, countdown etc.
There is no free version, however for the price of $39 you will get lifetime access to the plugin.
- Made for WooCommerce
- Simple set-up and management
- 24/7 customer support available
- Won’t work with other ecommerce platforms
- Not the best design visually
Who it’s Best For:
If you have a WooCommerce store and need to manage events, this WordPress Calendar plugin is a great choice.
HubSpot’s free CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software offers a full suite of tools for sales and marketing professionals. HubSpot Meetings is a standalone addon that integrates with it.
This plugin is designed to help sales and marketing professionals manage their meetings and appointments with ease. It offers a simple interface for managing meeting requests, attendee lists, and meeting times. It also provides a calendar view of all upcoming meetings, so you can see your schedule at a glance.
HubSpot Meetings key features:
- Allows creating a meeting link with your calendar and availability.
- Works both with Google Calendar and Office 365
- All features are integrated with HubSpot CRM
HubSpot Meetings pricing:
Offers premium features with Starter ($45/month), Professional ($450/month), and Enterprise ($1200/month) editions of Sales Hub. Limited free version is also available.
HubSpot Meetings pros:
- Seamless integration with HubSpot
- No need for coding of any sort
- Great for scheduling meetings
HubSpot Meetings cons:
- The best features are included in the paid version of SalesHub, which is expensive
Who it’s Best For:
If you’re using HubSpot’s free CRM software and you need a way to manage your meetings and appointments, this plugin is for you.
WP Simple Booking Calendar
Not everyone needs a complex calendar plugin. WP Simple Booking is an excellent choice for anyone needing an easy, user-friendly calendar for making bookings, such as at vacation rentals. You can add the calendar to any page with a shortcode, and it’s responsive so it looks great on mobile devices.
It doesn’t have extensive list of integrations or fancy features. This plugin is lightweight and simple, which makes it fast and easy to use.
WP Simple Booking Calendar key features:
- Displays a simple calendar with availability
- iCalendar Import and Export
- Intuitive backend calendar management
WP Simple Booking Calendar pricing:
WP Simple Booking Calendar price starts at $39/year for 1 website and goes up to $139/year for the unlimited website version. There’s also a free plugin version with basic features available.
WP Simple Booking Calendar pros:
- Straightforward and easy to use
- Good customer support
- Lightweight, not overloaded with features
WP Simple Booking Calendar cons:
- It’s simple – in design and features which might be limiting for some
Who it’s Best For:
If you need a simple, lightweight booking calendar for your website, WP Simple Booking Calendar could be your choice.
Choosing the best WordPress calendar plugin for your business doesn’t need to be a complex endeavor. In fact, it can be easy.
And the good news is that there are plugins that are powerful and feature-rich, while still being easy to use.
Ready to get started?
One of the most flexible yet easy-to-use WordPress calendar plugins is the WEBBA Booking plugin. Try it out here to see how it can help your business.