If you’re looking for a way to showcase, promote, and book events on your WordPress site, a WordPress events plugin may be just what you’re looking for.
The right WordPress events listing plugin can take your events-based business page to the next level by allowing you to sell tickets, collect RSVPs, manage multiple venues, send automated confirmations and reminders, and more.
What to Look For in a WordPress Events Plugin?
There are tons of different WordPress event management plugins out there, so how do you know which one to choose?
Well, start by looking at the different features offered by the plugins. No matter what type of event business you run, you’ll definitely want to choose a WordPress event plugin with the following features:
- Highly customizable appearance
- Flexible event scheduling options
- Easy event administration
- Different types of notifications and reminders
- Multiple online payment options
- Calendar integrations
- Responsive design
The goal of using a WordPress events listing plugin is to increase your events’ exposure and make booking events easier, right? So, you want an events plugin that’s easy to set up and manage, and that offers smooth booking functionality for your customers.
You also want to make sure you can customize your events calendar to match your site and showcase events in the way you want to.
By choosing a WordPress events plugin with the features listed above, you’re giving yourself lots of flexibility and room to grow. The plugins reviewed below offer some of the best combinations of features and functions that we’ve come across.
6 Best WordPress Events Plugins in 2022
Here are the top 6 WordPress events plugins we will be reviewing:
- WEBBA Booking – the most flexible and customizable WordPress event plugin.
- Timely All-in-One Events Calendar Plugin – a free events plugin for WordPress.
- The Events Calendar – a free plugin with lots of paid add-on options.
- Events Manager – a simple hosting and booking calendar for multiple events.
- Amelia – a basic booking plugin with an events calendar module.
- Sugar Calendar – a simple, lightweight events plugin for WordPress.
1. WEBBA Booking
WEBBA Booking is an incredibly flexible event booking plugin for WordPress. It’s very easy to install on your WordPress site and offers 80+ ways to customize the appearance to match your brand.
If you use Google Calendar to manage events, you’ll be happy to know that WEBBA has full two-way integration with Google Calendar. This means that whenever event calendars are updated through WEBBA, they’ll automatically be updated on Google Calendar, and vice versa.
Your customers also have the option to make secure online payments when they book event appointments through WEBBA. The plugin has integrations with major online payment platforms, including PayPal, Stripe, and multiple payment gateways trough WooCommerce.
WEBBA Booking offers a free lite version if you just want to try out the basic features, and pricing for the premium version with all the features you’ll eventually want starts at $89/year for a one-website pro plan or $259 for a lifetime one-site pro plan.
WEBBA Booking highlights:
- Many different scheduling and booking options
- Email and SMS notifications and reminders
- 80+ appearance customization options (plus 79 preset options)
- Fully responsive design
- Secure online payments via PayPal, Stripe, and WooCommerce
- Two-way Google Calendar integration
WEBBA Booking cons:
- Payment feature comes with only the premium version
Who’s it for?
WEBBA Booking is for all types of service providers and event businesses.
2. Timely All-in-One Events Calendar Plugin
The Timely All-in-One Events Calendar Plugin is a free events calendar plugin for WordPress that lets you create, manage, and share events, whether they’re in person, virtual, or a combination of the two.
Keep in mind that, while the basic plugin features for displaying, sharing, and managing events are totally free, you’ll need to get the RSVP/ticketing add-on if you want to sell tickets and let customers RSVP to events. Timely charges 2.5% + $0.90 per ticket sold for this add-on.
Timely All-in-One Events Calendar Plugin highlights:
- Completely free if you only want to create, manage, and share events
- Works with popular WordPress themes
- Offers design customization options
Timely All-in-One Events Calendar Plugin cons:
- Have to pay a commission for every ticket sold if you want to collect RSVPs and sell tickets to event
Who’s it for?
The Timely All-in-One Events Calendar Plugin is made for freelancers and bootstrapped entrepreneurs who want a free WordPress events listing plugin with the option to sell tickets for a commission fee.
3. The Events Calendar
The Events Calendar is a WordPress events plugin that offers many options when it comes to functionality.
The free version lets you display events in a calendar or a sidebar widget view, and you can save venues and organizers to make creating future events faster. There’s also a free Event Tickets extension.
However, if you’re serious about selling tickets to events and collecting RSVPs, you’ll probably be better off with the premium version, which has more payment options and features.
In short, the free plugin has lots of core features that make it easy to get up and running with The Events Calendar. But, for more robust event booking and ecommerce features, the pro version offers much more flexibility and functionality.
Pricing for the premium plan starts at $99 for one site and different paid add-ons start at $89.
The Events Calendar highlights:
- The core event management plugin is free
- Free features can be greatly extended with different paid options
- Can enable third-party event submission and ticketing with an add-on
- Event email marketing available
The Events Calendar cons:
- The basic event management plugin might not have the functionality you need
- Have to pay for many different add-ons to get extra functionality
Who’s it for?
The Events Calendar is for people who want a free, calendar-based events plugin with the option to add extra features and functionality as needed (for a price).
4. Events Manager
The Events Manager plugin for WordPress features an events calendar and the ability to take bookings for events. It’s good for offering multiple tickets for different events and venues and is very simple to use — it works basically like a desktop calendar.
There is a free version of the Events Manager plugin that works pretty well, but you will need to pay for the premium version if you want to take online payments with bookings. The premium version also gives you better support and lets you offer coupons and discounts.
Pricing for the paid version of Events Manager starts at $75/year for a single site.
Events Manager highlights:
- Good free version available
- Can host events at multiple locations and venues
- Easy to use
Events Manager cons:
- Can’t collect payments in the free version
- Free version doesn’t offer customizable booking forms
Who’s it for?
The Events Manager plugin for WordPress would work for any business that regularly hosts events.
Amelia is a booking plugin for WordPress that has an events calendar module you can use for events-based bookings. This module allows you to create and display events in a simple front-end calendar, as well as manage any employees who will be running those events.
Like other WordPress event management plugins we reviewed, Amelia also lets you accept secure online payments at the time of booking via PayPal, Stripe, and WooCommerce.
Amelia offers a free version with many of the plugin’s core features and the premium version with all features starts at $79/year for a basic, one-site plan.
- Premium version allows recurring and multi-day events
- Fully responsive
- Email and SMS notifications are available in the free version
- Google and Outlook calendar synchronization available in the premium version
- Initial setup can be time consuming
- Customization is fairly restricted
- Calendar integration is not two way
Who’s it for?
Amelia is for service- and event-based businesses looking for a simple, no-frills way to manage events.
6. Sugar Calendar
Sugar Calendar is a user-friendly events plugin for WordPress that isn’t overly simplified or too complex.
The plugin has all the basic functionality you need to create and showcase events, and you can get an Event Ticketing add-on to sell tickets to your events. Payment integrations include Stripe and WooCommerce.
One notable feature of Sugar Calendar is that you can allow users to submit their own events through the plugin using WP Forms.
Unfortunately, there is no free version of Sugar Calendar for you to try. The personal version costs $49/year, and pricing for the professional version starts at $199/year.
Sugar Calendar highlights:
- Simple event management and admin interfaces
- Access to different free and premium add-ons, including for receiving payments
- Users can submit their own events
Sugar Calendar cons:
- No free version
- The front-end view is a bit too basic
Who’s it for?
Sugar Calendar is for anyone who wants a very simple, easy-to-use event management plugin and doesn’t mind paying a premium for access to different customization add-ons.
Wrapping up on the Best WordPress Event Booking Plugins
After reviewing the best WordPress events plugins above, we’ve come to the conclusion that WEBBA booking is the best option.
WEBBA’s high flexibility and customizability make it compatible with any type of events-based business, and its integrations with major online payment platforms and Google Calendar make booking and managing events a breeze.
So, what are you waiting for? Try WEBBA Booking today to automate your event booking experience.